Direct Dermatology provides a convenient and affordable medical service that is designed to allow any referring health care provider immediate access to consultation from a US-trained and board certified dermatologist for their patients' skin problems. We started this service because of the frustration we heard within the medical community about the lack of access they had to dermatologists. We are available for consultation 24/7, we will provide a diagnosis and treatment recommendations for your patient's skin problem, and we guarantee a report within 2 business days.
3 EASY STEPS
1. After signing up for your secure account, enter your patient's demographic information and medical history. Then, use our brief skin evaluation form to enter information and ask questions about your patient's skin problem.
2. Take pictures of your patient's skin problem with a standard point-and-shoot digital camera. Upload them directly from your camera to our secure website. General instructions and trouble-shooting tips are provided along the way.
3. Within 2 business days, you will receive an e-mail notification that the consult report from one of our US board-certified dermatologists is complete. Then log into your secure account on our website to view the consult report.
Conditions We Diagnose and Treat
Direct Dermatology is a convenient alternative for you to get consultation from US board-certified dermatologists for diagnosis and/or treatment of your patients' non-emergency skin conditions. Referring medical providers appreciate the fact that they have access to a dermatologist anytime for their patients. They find our service especially valuable when the wait-times for their patients to see a dermatologist are long or their patients live in a rural area where it can be difficult to access any dermatologist.
We diagnose and treat skin growths and skin rashes, as well as hair and nail problems. In addition, we manage the treatment of chronic skin conditions, such as acne, atopic dermatitis, and psoriasis.
Examples of common conditions diagnosed and/or treated through Direct Dermatology:
- Atopic eczema
- Contact eczema
- Pityriasis rosea
- Lichen planus
- Ringworm (tinea corporis)
- Athlete's foot (tinea pedis)
- Herpes (oral or genital)
- Shingles (herpes zoster)
- Common warts
- Genital warts
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Insect bites
- Skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma
- Actinic keratoses
- Seborrheic keratoses
- Melanocytic nevi (moles)
- Androgenetic alopecia
- Alopecia areata
If you are interested in using our service or would just like to learn more, please Contact Us and one of our representatives will get back to you shortly.